In organic farming is increasing soil fertility without the use of synthetic chemical fertilizers. Instead use the following techniques:
- Rotate crops appropriately, mixed cropping and crop integration with livestock.
- Increase soil microorganism populations through the use of organic fertilizers.
- Minimize activities that interfere with tilling the soil biota.
- Keep the soil is always covered with organic mulch.
- Avoiding excessive soil cultivation on sloping land to prevent erosion.
- Using plants in the strip and intercropping.
- Avoid excessive grazing.
- Do not use synthetic chemicals that poison the soil microorganisms and soil structure damage.